Sh!t You Can’t Make Up

Alright, I know I’ve dished out more than my fair share of negative over the past year and I’m working on being more positive and blah blah blah, but THIS:

So today we land at about 8 am after flying all night in Air Niugini economy (small and smelly…aka no decent sleep and ALSO a flight we weren’t supposed to have to be on), and then we make the long trek home over the many-potholed roads of Port Moresby. There’s construction going on right now so it takes like 45 minutes of getting jostled around (where in the world all the taxes they leech from my paycheck go, I sure don’t know, but the roads aren’t it.) Once we arrive at our apartment, it’s drop our bags, shower, and turn right around and head to the office.

(I give all this background to my little tale of rage because CLEARLY I’m tired and running on a short fuse here. Maybe if this had happened any other day it wouldn’t have phased me.)

After about a half days’ worth of work my boss tells me to go home and get some sleep. (For which I am very grateful!) I decide to capitalize on the free afternoon and tell Mr. Engineer I’ll go get groceries (we have no food since we’ve been gone and all) and I’ll get a jump start on the laundry and unpacking.

I snag a car and have the driver take me to the grocery store with the best selection, which is also the one that’s farthest away…we usually only get there on the weekends. We pull into the parking lot and I’m getting out of the car when the driver informs me my apartment is now a no-go zone. And I can’t go home after we go here, so do I really want to buy groceries?

[No-go zones are the "bad" areas of town, as the name would imply. I don't usually live in one. I thought.]

And why had my apartment become a no-go zone, you ask?

BECAUSE THERE WAS AN EFFING BOMB SCARE. At a building in the heart of the CBD (Central Business District), maybe half a mile from us.

I just…I don’t have the energy to express my exasperation. Almost no sleep…all that time in a car for nothing (I know I sound like a whiny brat here but I get SO motion sick on these damn pot-holey roads), and all I wanted was to do LAUNDRY.

LAUNDRY. Not even take a nap, or watch a chick flick, or paint my nails. JUST DO MY DAMN LAUNDRY.

(Oh look! I do have the energy to express my exasperation!)

It kills me that crap like this is becoming more and more commonplace. Not bomb threats specifically (hi dad! don’t worry I’m fine!) but crazy off-the-wall shit you just wouldn’t believe if someone told you. I barely believe it and it and I see/hear about it happen.

Hey look! Here’s a picture where I’m not being all stabby!

not bomb-scared! or ranting!

what?! oh, just some local fare.

Batman jumped off this building in The Dark Knight (in Hong Kong)

(None of these photos have anything to do with my rant, but I have no visual for me being so angry I might scream. Aren’t these more fun?)

That’s all I’ve got. Happy running.

38 Responses to “Sh!t You Can’t Make Up”

1. 1 Heather C April 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Um, how did you get home?!!

On a random note – I always thought those crazy skyscrapers in special-effects-heavy movies were “fake”. When we saw the latest Mission Impossible (um, yup) I couldn’t have been any more shocked that it was a real building that really EXISTED. I need to get out of the United States for some sight-seeing…

2. 5 Janelle Bludorn April 16, 2012 at 2:34 am

Yikes!

PS…love the kate spade iPhone case…I have the very same one!

3. 6 Laura@ Make up School May 4, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Hi there thanks for your informative post on Make up which I have found useful.

• 7 Dmitry January 27, 2013 at 6:53 am

it just right. It’s HARD. But we learn as we go (and our little ones grow). Like you said, we roll with the good, the bad, and the ugly .and you know what, there may be ALOT of BAD’s and the UGLY’S, but the GOOD’S totllay outweigh them both, don’t they?! But, I feel that because you ARE feeling this way, this only makes you a GREAT parent. You’re taking care of yourself and thus, taking care of the needs of Asher. He is blessed to have you and Jamie both. Let me know if you ever want to get together! I would love to meet the li’l man and have Kiahn meet him, too! ((hugs to you all!))

• 9 Guy November 12, 2013 at 10:49 am

Hey guys, So I do pretty well with my enitag. I eat about 85% clean on a weekly basis. I stick mostly to the Paleo diet scheme and take fish oil, a multivitamin, and Osteo Bi-Flex on a daily basis. The issue I am having now is that I cant seem to get stronger. I am really looking to get stronger and build more lean muscle. It is quite disappointing when I can not Rx a WOD when heavy Oly lifts are involved. What are your recommendations as far as supplements are concerned? Do you recommend taking a whey protein post work out? How about a casein protein as a meal replacement? What about creatine, BCAAs, Citrulline, and Arginine? I have so many questions when it comes to maximum performance. Any help is greatly appreciated.r/Demetri

4. 10 how to earn facebook credits for free August 5, 2013 at 2:55 am

I am genuinely glad to glance at this website posts which contains
    plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing such data.

• 11 Glenda November 10, 2013 at 7:45 pm

MeghanNovember 10, 2012I would just stay calm with them, tell them I am going to take their keys from them, and tell them they can have them back later. I’d try to get them quickly befroe they had a chance to argue with me, and I’d keep them in a safe place.

5. 12 scholl express pedi review December 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm

scholl express pedi value

Scholl Express Pedi difficult skin remover leaves the pores and skin feeling gentle and clean from your
    very first use. This unit is especially created to enable the expert elimination of difficult pores and skin in the toes,
    appropriate in comfort and ease of one’s own home.

The epidermis around the toes was produced to endure
    the everyday stress of taking walks and standing upright.
    At times constant pressure or rubbing from bad fitting footwear could result in tough skin to build-up.

Foot treatment for healthy feet is significant; after all, they are with
    you for a lifetime.

Beautifully and anatomically designed, the Scholl Express Pedi unique
    roller surface area will make it easy to successfully remove unattractive and sometimes unpleasant truly tough skin
    properly. Very small microgranuals inlayed in to
    the Scholl Express Pedi roller, carefully buff aside challenging
    skin, without resorting to blades.

To gain your own professional-style home pedicure, basically roll
    over the affected area with medium to gentle
    pressure motions; just replicate often for sleek and gentle
    sensation toes. In addition, the Scholl Express Pedi is protected by means of a two yr gaurantee promise, and included are 2x
    AA batteries so that you could get to work removing useless skin cells
    instantly.

For gorgeous, silky-soft skin have a look at the Scholl Express Pedi
    to revitalise the feet. The revolving head will get
    rid of unwelcome, dry skin from feet rapidly, owing to mineral micro-grains embedded within the head of the product.
    The Scholl Express Pedi is completely safe to use.
    There isn’t any sharp edges or blades and it will come complete by using a
    safety stop button.

The Scholl Express Pedi is an over-all professional skin care instrument.
    It’s so easy to use, causes no distress and aids you
    receive the desired results of the excellent
    pedicure. For hygeine purposes, antimicrobial treatment destroys germs existing on
    the roller head.

6. 13 website January 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Thanks for some other informative website. The place else could I get that
    type of information written in such a perfect way? I have a
    venture that I’m just now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

7. 14 weightlifting belts February 21, 2014 at 8:42 am

Howdy! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to
    all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

8. 15 Jennifer Aniston Perfume March 15, 2014 at 10:53 am

Hey there very cool web-site! Person. Great. Exceptional. We’ll take note of your site in addition to grab the provides nourishment to additionally? Now i am willing to search out plenty of helpful information below while in the placed, we start to use come up with a lot more practices in connection with this, thanks for expressing.

9. 16 massage tips for your man April 7, 2014 at 8:54 pm

When some one searches for his vital thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, thus that
    thing is maintained over here.

10. 17 phoenix pawn shops June 13, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you, However I am having difficulties
    with your RSS. I don’t know why I am unable to subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody having the same RSS issues?
    Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

11. 18 healthy aging June 14, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is
    truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
    I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
    Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

12. 19 sell diamonds phoenix June 19, 2014 at 12:44 am

Hi, just wanted to mention, I liked this article.
    It was practical. Keep on posting!

13. 20 Best real estate agent in Boston July 2, 2014 at 12:20 am

continuously i used to read smaller content that as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with
    this article which I am reading here.

14. 21 oscar blandi dry shampoo travel July 5, 2014 at 3:49 pm

So, if you are really looking forward to get rid of all your skin problems in a
    natural way, get all solutions on. Never wash your hair with very hot or very cold water.
    This will cause the hair to stretch and finally break.

15. 22 pink bodycon Dress July 11, 2014 at 2:42 am

Yes, fashion trends are referential and recurring, but at
    the same time new ones pop up, allowing us to visually reflect
    the world around us. You can correct and adjust the ready made design pattern at
    your will. Perhaps you are a model who wants to expand your portfolio with a
    range of startling shots that show off your versatility and individual flair.

16. 23 keratin treatments cost July 13, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Keep the mixture cooled and pat it on your lips as often as necessary.
    Vitamin E is particularly beneficial, promoting healing, good blood circulation, and fortified
    capillary walls. A number of would say that will
    sometimes they rarely find time to rinse their hair.

17. 24 storage units memphis tn 38125 July 13, 2014 at 7:13 pm

The cost of the moving mainly depends on the
    large number of variables; some of the variables include quantity of things being moved, differences in prices between companies, distance to be covered, time duration that would be taken for the move, number of people involved in packing, loading and unloading.
    You are the only one will be hurt by this, so there is no reason not to be honest.

Most of the Denver moving companies make use of quality packing boxes.

18. 25 real estate 7 July 16, 2014 at 1:12 am

There are still dozens of other products from which to choose.
    I was doing great in my business, and the couple bought two more horses
    to add to the riding horses I had. While some of the Estates have maintained
    their significance since pre-colonial times,
    the great change has been occasioned by the rising earning
    power of the middle class. When I did find him, I also began to realize that a supposedly good friend of
    mine was undermining me, telling people that I shouldn’t have the dogs,
    that I couldn’t take care of them etc. Craigslist and other
    on line classified ads are also good to use. It is crucial to carefully calculate financial risks vs.
    When you decide to choose park city real estate, make sure that you use a reliable local realtor such as Parkcityrealestateforsale.
    Bowing to that pressure, between 1845 and 1848 King Kamehameha III divided up land among the Kingdom, high-ranking chiefs,
    and the territorial government. No need to dig them up or start new seeds to keep those plants flourishing
    during the cold weather months. With all the investing information online, it is possible to become familiar with the basics very
    quickly, and from there step into the process of finding the company that is right for you and
    that will give you the highest return on your investing.

19. 26 forexalways21v.blogdetik.com August 2, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you, However I am encountering issues with
    your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I am unable
    to join it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS issues?
    Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond?

Thanks!!

20. 27 storage units Sacramento ca 95833 August 4, 2014 at 12:16 pm

If you are not planning on selling everything you own to buy anew
    when you get there, you will need a furniture removal company to help you
    haul everything from point A to point B. Everyone wants to get free of these boring
    tasks of relocation. So pick Melbourne movers company that has a physical office with
    telephone line.

21. 28 see it here August 8, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
    It will always be helpful to read through content from other
    authors and practice a little something from other websites.

22. 29 moving and Storage companies San diego August 16, 2014 at 7:03 am

To save money, get several estimates from movers and get a referral from the American Moving & Storage Association. When you need to move a business
    from one state to another, you will most likely need to go for the option of choosing from a list
    of different interstate moving companies and hiring the services of one.
    Typical of many unsuspecting shoppers, the inquiry suggested they hadn’t taken a
    realistic inventory of the scope of services needed to move them, investigated the legitimacy of the advertising service pitching the ‘unbelievably’ low, low price,
    or thoroughly vetted the backgrounds of each of the
    transportation service providers they were considering surrendering all of their worldly possessions to.

23. 30 container store August 17, 2014 at 1:34 am

It’s no fun to be on a social network or to follow someone who never talks to you.
    This checklist will refer to implementing optimizations in a Word – Press Blog.
    The last thing to consider in regards to the idea of seo tools is
    that there is an algorithm that is continually changing.

24. 31 Lock take down August 17, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers however this paragraph is
    in fact a good post, keep it up.

25. 32 plastic surgery zagreb August 18, 2014 at 3:05 am

If you have any questions pertaining to where and ways to utilize web site ( super fast reply ), you can contact us
    at the web page. Normally students can finish their nursing degree through this program within three years, in which the first year will be devoted to entry-level
    nursing course work. Those who want to get rid of
    such problems must have tried various anti-ageing products, but found no
    result.

26. 33 dean's marine kits August 18, 2014 at 7:52 am

Comfort comes in the form of the beautifully upholstered reclinable deck seats and
    bow seats, and a drive. The old art of stealth in carp
    fishing seems to be as dead as the dodo on most carp
    waters today and it seems to me that the average carp angler is
    so manically driven to get in a swim set up and cast out they have no idea it is far better to think like the
    fish and not an angler first and truly give carp the respect
    they deserve that will guarantee to give them the catches
    their strive so manically for. Use your guam tar on the net trap and go at least two
    squares away from it.

27. 34 cotter moving and storage akron oh August 23, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Call a local community college and make an appointment
    with an advisor, find out if you qualify for financial aid, talk to them about career options.
    If you start practicing them immediately, you may find
    yourself getting on with your life and experiencing a heady freedom by tomorrow.
    Providing assistance to customers who are trying to relocate is
    the responsibility of the customer service reps.

28. 35 hcg weight loss baton rouge August 26, 2014 at 8:45 pm

You will come across hundreds of results ones you will do the research.
    The average HCG dieter experiences rapid weight loss
    averaging 1 to 3 pounds per day, most aim to lose
    30 pounds in 30 days. Go ahead and find out if you’re pregnant early; you will
    be glad you did.

29. 36 social media optimization August 29, 2014 at 11:04 pm

You need to decide what your objective is before getting involved with social media marketing,
    which will result in greater success than if you were to go into it
    without any idea of why you’re really getting involved. Through a process of
    analyzing the inbound links into your site, you can see if they look legitimate or not,
    and if they are not then you can tell Google not to count them.
    In the world of Internet, there is no magic formula that will guarantee success every time
    when you introduce New Ideas.

1. 1 prescription hcg drops Trackback on August 2, 2014 at 5:44 pm