Sh!t You Can’t Make Up

Alright, I know I’ve dished out more than my fair share of negative over the past year and I’m working on being more positive and blah blah blah, but THIS:

So today we land at about 8 am after flying all night in Air Niugini economy (small and smelly…aka no decent sleep and ALSO a flight we weren’t supposed to have to be on), and then we make the long trek home over the many-potholed roads of Port Moresby. There’s construction going on right now so it takes like 45 minutes of getting jostled around (where in the world all the taxes they leech from my paycheck go, I sure don’t know, but the roads aren’t it.) Once we arrive at our apartment, it’s drop our bags, shower, and turn right around and head to the office.

(I give all this background to my little tale of rage because CLEARLY I’m tired and running on a short fuse here. Maybe if this had happened any other day it wouldn’t have phased me.)

After about a half days’ worth of work my boss tells me to go home and get some sleep. (For which I am very grateful!) I decide to capitalize on the free afternoon and tell Mr. Engineer I’ll go get groceries (we have no food since we’ve been gone and all) and I’ll get a jump start on the laundry and unpacking.

I snag a car and have the driver take me to the grocery store with the best selection, which is also the one that’s farthest away…we usually only get there on the weekends. We pull into the parking lot and I’m getting out of the car when the driver informs me my apartment is now a no-go zone. And I can’t go home after we go here, so do I really want to buy groceries?

[No-go zones are the "bad" areas of town, as the name would imply. I don't usually live in one. I thought.]

And why had my apartment become a no-go zone, you ask?

BECAUSE THERE WAS AN EFFING BOMB SCARE. At a building in the heart of the CBD (Central Business District), maybe half a mile from us.

I just…I don’t have the energy to express my exasperation. Almost no sleep…all that time in a car for nothing (I know I sound like a whiny brat here but I get SO motion sick on these damn pot-holey roads), and all I wanted was to do LAUNDRY.

LAUNDRY. Not even take a nap, or watch a chick flick, or paint my nails. JUST DO MY DAMN LAUNDRY.

(Oh look! I do have the energy to express my exasperation!)

It kills me that crap like this is becoming more and more commonplace. Not bomb threats specifically (hi dad! don’t worry I’m fine!) but crazy off-the-wall shit you just wouldn’t believe if someone told you. I barely believe it and it and I see/hear about it happen.

Hey look! Here’s a picture where I’m not being all stabby!

not bomb-scared! or ranting!

what?! oh, just some local fare.

Batman jumped off this building in The Dark Knight (in Hong Kong)

(None of these photos have anything to do with my rant, but I have no visual for me being so angry I might scream. Aren’t these more fun?)

That’s all I’ve got. Happy running.

16 Responses to “Sh!t You Can’t Make Up”

1. 1 Heather C April 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Um, how did you get home?!!

On a random note – I always thought those crazy skyscrapers in special-effects-heavy movies were “fake”. When we saw the latest Mission Impossible (um, yup) I couldn’t have been any more shocked that it was a real building that really EXISTED. I need to get out of the United States for some sight-seeing…

2. 5 Janelle Bludorn April 16, 2012 at 2:34 am

Yikes!

PS…love the kate spade iPhone case…I have the very same one!

3. 6 Laura@ Make up School May 4, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Hi there thanks for your informative post on Make up which I have found useful.

• 7 Dmitry January 27, 2013 at 6:53 am

it just right. It’s HARD. But we learn as we go (and our little ones grow). Like you said, we roll with the good, the bad, and the ugly .and you know what, there may be ALOT of BAD’s and the UGLY’S, but the GOOD’S totllay outweigh them both, don’t they?! But, I feel that because you ARE feeling this way, this only makes you a GREAT parent. You’re taking care of yourself and thus, taking care of the needs of Asher. He is blessed to have you and Jamie both. Let me know if you ever want to get together! I would love to meet the li’l man and have Kiahn meet him, too! ((hugs to you all!))

• 9 Guy November 12, 2013 at 10:49 am

Hey guys, So I do pretty well with my enitag. I eat about 85% clean on a weekly basis. I stick mostly to the Paleo diet scheme and take fish oil, a multivitamin, and Osteo Bi-Flex on a daily basis. The issue I am having now is that I cant seem to get stronger. I am really looking to get stronger and build more lean muscle. It is quite disappointing when I can not Rx a WOD when heavy Oly lifts are involved. What are your recommendations as far as supplements are concerned? Do you recommend taking a whey protein post work out? How about a casein protein as a meal replacement? What about creatine, BCAAs, Citrulline, and Arginine? I have so many questions when it comes to maximum performance. Any help is greatly appreciated.r/Demetri

4. 10 how to earn facebook credits for free August 5, 2013 at 2:55 am

I am genuinely glad to glance at this website posts which contains
    plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing such data.

• 11 Glenda November 10, 2013 at 7:45 pm

MeghanNovember 10, 2012I would just stay calm with them, tell them I am going to take their keys from them, and tell them they can have them back later. I’d try to get them quickly befroe they had a chance to argue with me, and I’d keep them in a safe place.

5. 12 scholl express pedi review December 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm

scholl express pedi value

Scholl Express Pedi difficult skin remover leaves the pores and skin feeling gentle and clean from your
    very first use. This unit is especially created to enable the expert elimination of difficult pores and skin in the toes,
    appropriate in comfort and ease of one’s own home.

The epidermis around the toes was produced to endure
    the everyday stress of taking walks and standing upright.
    At times constant pressure or rubbing from bad fitting footwear could result in tough skin to build-up.

Foot treatment for healthy feet is significant; after all, they are with
    you for a lifetime.

Beautifully and anatomically designed, the Scholl Express Pedi unique
    roller surface area will make it easy to successfully remove unattractive and sometimes unpleasant truly tough skin
    properly. Very small microgranuals inlayed in to
    the Scholl Express Pedi roller, carefully buff aside challenging
    skin, without resorting to blades.

To gain your own professional-style home pedicure, basically roll
    over the affected area with medium to gentle
    pressure motions; just replicate often for sleek and gentle
    sensation toes. In addition, the Scholl Express Pedi is protected by means of a two yr gaurantee promise, and included are 2x
    AA batteries so that you could get to work removing useless skin cells
    instantly.

For gorgeous, silky-soft skin have a look at the Scholl Express Pedi
    to revitalise the feet. The revolving head will get
    rid of unwelcome, dry skin from feet rapidly, owing to mineral micro-grains embedded within the head of the product.
    The Scholl Express Pedi is completely safe to use.
    There isn’t any sharp edges or blades and it will come complete by using a
    safety stop button.

The Scholl Express Pedi is an over-all professional skin care instrument.
    It’s so easy to use, causes no distress and aids you
    receive the desired results of the excellent
    pedicure. For hygeine purposes, antimicrobial treatment destroys germs existing on
    the roller head.

6. 13 website January 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Thanks for some other informative website. The place else could I get that
    type of information written in such a perfect way? I have a
    venture that I’m just now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

7. 14 weightlifting belts February 21, 2014 at 8:42 am

Howdy! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to
    all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

8. 15 Jennifer Aniston Perfume March 15, 2014 at 10:53 am

Hey there very cool web-site! Person. Great. Exceptional. We’ll take note of your site in addition to grab the provides nourishment to additionally? Now i am willing to search out plenty of helpful information below while in the placed, we start to use come up with a lot more practices in connection with this, thanks for expressing.

9. 16 massage tips for your man April 7, 2014 at 8:54 pm

When some one searches for his vital thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, thus that
    thing is maintained over here.