In no particular order of importance:
- I’m already starting to daydream about crossing a finish line on Hayward Field.
- You triathletes are all about the two-a-day, huh? I mean, I guess I figured that would happen a lot, but whoa.
- This blog is wonderful. (It’s not about running, fyi. Just some really awesome writing, in my humble opinion.)
- Going back to work after 10 days off was surprisingly not awful. Not that my job is awful, but I hadn’t seen pre-9am in, well, 10 days. So I didn’t have high hopes for what 5:30 am would look like after such a hiatus. But it wasn’t bad.
- I hope I don’t have to run any 20-milers on a treadmill. Hurry, spring.
- I LOVE my new bike. I barely know what it’s capable of and the seat is insanely uncomfortable right now, but I love it.
- It only took 60 minutes on said new bike to convince me to invest in some high-quality bike shorts.
- My current pair of purple shoes (the Asics Nimbus 11) have 344 miles on them.
- I read somewhere it can take 400-600 miles for a bike to feel “comfortable.” Relief. I thought I just sucked.
- I really, really liked Avatar. And that’s not usually my type of movie at all. But wow.
- Running outside is at least 8,000x more fun than running on a treadmill. At least.
- My knee is STILL all bruised from wiping out at the Polar Dash. Klutz.
- I love those Visa Go World commercials.
- I’m no longer afraid to hit the pool. I just know it won’t be easy.
Hope Monday wasn’t too rough on you. Happy running.