Number Five!

Hey! I ran my 5th half marathon last Sunday!

Not a ton to report–I wasn’t allowed to race (only being 2 weeks post-marathon and all) so the plan from Coach was to make it a solid progression, which I did! I started at 9:43 and worked the pace down to 8 flat–which was no easy task considering the HILLS at the end.

The course was gorgeous, and I caught myself smiling  like a fool more than once–it was just one of those days where you’re so grateful to be out there : ) This was part 2 of the Minneapolis race series Megan and I are doing this year (part 1 was the frozen 10k of doom on New Years’ Day) so we made a little girls’ trip out of it! My weekend in photos:

I love this quote. From the expo.

expo entrance!

bathroom self-portrait. ha.

the fancy theatre where we paid for VIP seating (we went to Sex and the City 2!) and then couldn't take advantage of the full bar available. boo.

a quick stop at lululemon after the movie...

...where we got these!

out shopping!

gear all ready to go!

ready to NOT race!

here we go!

all done!

we actually had time to shower before check-out! WIN!

post-race Mexican and beer! Yum!

and this, friends, is how you cap off a race weekend : )

And there you have it! (btw, if you’re dying to know, I ran a 2:02, one of my very worst times ever, and had a blast. There might be something to this fun-run business…)

Otherwise, I’m still on the slow build back up (29 miles last week, 37 miles this week…getting there!) and racing a  10k on Saturday. No idea what to expect–I really don’t feel like I’ve done much lately, so we shall see! I’ve officially abandoned my plan to do a half Ironman this summer in the interest of having more time to run–the plan is to take my mileage higher than its ever been before. And to break 3:30 in Chicago.

Sounds crazy, right? Oh well. I’m still going to try my hardest : )

12 Responses to “Number Five!”

1. 1 jeri June 13, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I kind of love the race shirts! Super jealous. And I’ve never been to a lululemon….which my bank account is probably happy for. and I see booty shorts in the pre-race pic, but no booty shorts for the race, what the heck? :p

2. 2 Ryan June 14, 2010 at 7:55 am

Isn’t it funny that the races you seem to do the worst at you can still have such a good time? Congrats on completing your 5th! I’m sure there will be many more in your future.

3. 3 katie June 14, 2010 at 8:52 am

I love that quote too! You look like you had a blast – love it!

• 4 Susan - Nurse on the Run June 15, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Congrats on another half!! I love my lululemon water bottle…and everyone at work likes it too! We’re definitely going to have to meet up at Chicago!!

• 5 Aditya January 27, 2013 at 5:35 am

The 66th St store on the East side did a similar thing with a group of us also. Our sesoisn was for two weeks. The second week we gave feedback and discussed the NYC running scene. I have to say that these forums and fit sesoisns that they do are why I’ll be a loyal customer for forever. I love that they ask for our opinions and I think any business that wants to know what their customers think is a smart business.And I want that skirt! I have two other lulu skirts, so I guess I can’t justify a third one.

4. 6 pagespicer June 16, 2010 at 10:00 am

You definitely looked like you had a great time! P.S. I have that Lululemon water bottle too and just be sure to clean the top where the lid is because gross stuff seems to grow their quickly (gross, I know).

See ya in Chicago!

5. 7 jamie June 16, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Congrats on #5! Looks like fun! Mexican and margaritas are the best post race treats!

6. 8 Jacqueline June 17, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Congrats!! You ROCK!! I can’t wait to get back into the groove of running and training for a hopeful BQ at Chicago this fall!

7. 9 sassy molassy June 18, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Love the cute photos and those race shirts are adorable! Most of the time the shirts are so hideous I never wear them. Good work on NOT racing!🙂

• 10 Rone November 12, 2013 at 7:41 am

I’ve seen lots of bloggers who get into this prgoram and find themselves successful on it. I could say that this challenge can be a great help to those people who really want to maximize their earning potential online with at lesser mistakes on their strategy. This would serve as a guideline for a month long challenging process that could give a better opportunity ahead of you.Maria Pavel recently posted..

8. 11 amyreinink June 22, 2010 at 4:06 pm

This post is like an advertisement for distance running—it makes the whole weekend look like so much FUN! I’ll keep this in mind when I’m running the Virginia Beach half over Labor Day weekend—I’ll be trying to race it, but will focus on the pre-and post-race fun with my friends at the beach most of all!

1. 1 Motivation Monday: the ‘someone else’s story’ edition « Amy Reinink Trackback on July 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm