Three Tangent Tuesday

Of all the trendy little day-specific bloggy ideas out there, Three Tangent Tuesday is the only one I’ve ever felt compelled to jump on because it’s so random and fun! Thanks for the idea, Janae!

Tangent One:

I’m no foodie but I kind of invented a recipe last night and it was totally edible.  I even got all bloggeratti on my kitchen and took pictures!

I made turkey chili burgers, which was basically a variation of my crockpot chili in burger form. I’m big on just throwing crap together (which is why I like to cook, not bake) so it was just ground turkey, tomato paste, a couple kinds of beans, garlic, chili powder, cumin, some shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, bread crumbs and egg.

ingredients all mixed together. looks kinda gross, no?

and then I grilled 'em up on the the grill pan. (no outdoor grills allowed when you live on the 14th floor and have a teeny balcony.)

If I were a real food blogger I’d have taken a photo of them all plated up on thin buns with sweet potato fries (how I served ’em) but I forgot.  They were yummo though, and the leftover patties with be perfect crumbled up into a salad.

Tangent Two:

I ran mile repeats today for the first time since October and they hurt worse than any set of mile repeats I’ve ever run EVER. And my splits were much worse than they’ve ever been. I really haven’t been exaggerating the negative effects of that barely-running-while-I-was-in-Australia thing. Yikes. Running fitness sure goes away in a hurry. Weirdly enough though, it didn’t leave me feeling defeated–more like, “well, this is where I’m at. Now I know EXACTLY how far I am from where I used to be. Let’s get there.”

Tangent Three:

I could watch old episodes of How I Met Your Mother over and over and over again and never get bored. (Same goes for Friends. Seriously. Never get bored.)

Got anything random to share? Do tell! Or if you play the Three Tangent Tuesday game, post a link to your blog in the comments and I’ll read it. Promise : )

Happy running!

7 Responses to “Three Tangent Tuesday”

1. 1 janae@hungryrunnergirl.com February 1, 2011 at 5:27 pm

AHHHH YOU MADE MY DAY!!! I am so glad you did that! Your turkey burgers LOOK AMAZING!! MILE repeats kill me….they are so tough! I have never seen how I met your mother but now I really really want too!!! Have an amazing day gorgeous girl!

• 2 Rio January 27, 2013 at 4:28 am

Another cool thing about this shoot is Jessica and Janae are sisters! The shoot took place in small town Lititz, Pennysylvania (Drew’s hmoteown) during Thanksgiving while Drew, Janae and Jessica were there visiting family for the holiday. Drew and Janae will also be married in Lititz this upcoming June. To view more shots from the shoot, visit Jessica-Mae.com.

• 3 Vinod November 12, 2013 at 11:33 am

Your room looks great!! I took the manicure idea from Pinterest down to my toes… 🙂 They were alactluy afraid they couldn’t get all three colors on my smaller “piggies” so I opted to make them the solid pink color.. I alactluy think yours turned out better than the ones on Pinterest. 🙂

2. 4 Page Spicer February 1, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Those turkey burgers look DELISH!

3. 5 Susan - Nurse on the Run February 2, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I love to cook by just throwing random things in….makes for the best stuff!

I stay away from mile repeats, although I probably shouldn’t…gah.

4. 6 Heather C February 4, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Plated with sweet potato fries? Yes, you guys know how to do a burger-night right.😉

Ugh, it has been SO long since I’ve done any real speedwork (aside from just keeping up with my RB)…these has me itching for it!

5. 7 amyreinink February 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm

How I Met Your Mother=most underestimated show on television. Hilarious! Also, mile repeats=most underestimated form of self-torture. Good job getting through them!