Three Tangent Tuesday…Again!

Oh look, I went  a whole week without posting. Oops. On to the randomness!

Tangent Uno:

You GUYS! My mile repeats are getting BETTER! That evil man Coach Jeff has been making me do repeats like it’s my job and, uh, it’s helping me. Damn him for always being right. A few boring numbers to run by you:

Tuesday 2/1: 7:47, 8:01, 8:20, 8:25, 8:15, 8:10.

Friday 2/4: 7:43, 7:45, 7:46, 7:46, 7:39, 7:35.

Today, 2/7: 7:38, 7:37, 7:33, 7:33, 7:30

Ummm, improvement, right?? I’m SO happy and frankly, IN AWE that anything is getting better because I hadn’t done a decent speed workout in months–and after that first set last week I was ready to hork up my own lungs. I had totally forgotten that speed work can feel good. I’m on my way back baby!

Thing dos:

I’m a handbag slut. I had been eying obsessing over the Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Ukita Flap bag but with a price tag of $498, uhm, yeah no.

And then last week at a Saks Off 5th Outlet I found it for $125. With an additional $25% off. You better believe I jumped all over that like my life depended on it. (Side note: I also find great satisfaction in a great deal. Double win!)

Thing tres:

My birthday was Sunday and while I was off doing my long run Mr. Engineer was off getting supplies for mimosas and DONUTS! Om nom nom. Basically I was treated to the best refueling ever (avert your eyes, healthy eaters!) and it was a lovely start to what I am certain will be my best year yet : )

Feel free to leave me something random about you to ponder, or link to your own post!

11 Responses to “Three Tangent Tuesday…Again!”

1. 1 katie February 9, 2011 at 3:28 pm

happy birthday yet again, gorgeous girl! i hate mile repeats with the force of many suns, but look at you go! awesome!

and, maybe we can’t be friends anymore, but i am the opposite of a handbag slut. i buy one at target and use it until it wears out, and then i buy another one. i know, i know.

2. 2 Carm February 9, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I really enjoy your blog. I made some turkey burgers inspired by your previous post and they turned out great. Awesome job on the improvements of your mile time.

• 3 purpleshoe runs February 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm

yay! I’m so glad! I’m SO not a culinary genius so I’m happy to hear ideas I inspired didn’t give anyone food poisoning. ha.

3. 4 janae@hungryrunnergirl.com February 10, 2011 at 2:40 pm

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAST SUNDAY!! That bag is absolutely GORGEOUS….I am extremely jealous but so happy you found it for such a killer deal. YOUR SPEED IS CRAZY AWESOME. Seeing improvement is the best thing ever. Hope you are having a great day gorgeous girl!

• 5 Alexey January 27, 2013 at 10:50 am

:Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or snmothieg. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?

4. 6 Heather C February 11, 2011 at 10:34 am

Ah, mimosas DO make one of the best post-Long-run drinks/days…😉 I know from experience, and my healthy-eating-eyes can avert themselves quite easily…heh

Those mile repeats don’t lie! Don’t stop, get it get it.

• 7 purpleshoe runs February 17, 2011 at 7:32 pm

glad you can avert your eyes! I basically think of you when I think of healthy eaters : )

• 8 Anita November 12, 2013 at 9:06 am

Ho we hold monthly barn sales each 3rd wneeekd of the month fri-sun 10-5pm. The old dairy barn is stocked with vintage furniture that has been refreshed along with gift items and tons home deco accents. You can find out more at . The address is 4051 stanford ct frederick md.

5. 9 Page Spicer February 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm

HOLY CRAP you got that bag?!?! QUICK! Go back! PICK ME UP ONE AND I’LL SEND YOU THE $$$!!!

• 10 purpleshoe runs February 17, 2011 at 7:31 pm

ahh Page! send me a list of bags you’re obsessed with and I’ll find them at a killer deal. no, seriously. I’m awesome at it. (sorry I got the last Ukita at this store!)

• 11 Sue November 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

The type of physician I would like to work for is a Pediatrician. Pediatrician’s slctiapey is to work with children. I have been working with children for a long time mainly because I work at a daycare facility. I’ve got to a point where I feel like I can handle anything that will come my way with them. It would also leave me feeling good at the end of the day to know that I have helped in some way to make a child feel better.The type of physician I would not care to work for is a Epidemiologist. Epidemiologist’s specialize in epidemics caused by infections agents and also work with sexually transmitted diseases. I feel if I were to work in this type of slctiapey I would be putting my self at risk of exposure to these infectious agents. Also I would be focusing a lot of my time on trying to not get infected instead of having a steady mind on what I was actually supposed to be doing.