Life Lately in Photos

If any of you were horribly concerned, I did indeed survive having mass quantities of my blood taken against my will on Wednesday. Soon I’ll know that I’m TB, HIV, and-I-forget-what-else-free! (Yeah, I need an HIV test to get medical clearance. Weird.) My next showdown with those damn scary needles is Monday, when I get round two of all my vaccinations. (and froyo!)

Since I’ve got nothing, here’s some randomness from my life.

I’ve recently been entertained by taking pictures of my food. I have no idea why. Don’t worry, this won’t turn into a here’s-everything-I-ate-today blog…I eat way too much crap to own up to that.

This is a cookie sandwich. Filled and topped with copious amounts of frosting. I bought it at Kroger when I was grocery shopping yesterday because the darn thing just jumped in my cart and I was powerless to stop it.

And then I got home, and, for reasons unknown to me, THIS was the snack I was craving. See the cookie sandwich in the background being all like, “What the HELL, Jenn?”

If you’re concerned for neglected cookies everywhere, don’t worry, I ate part of it (read: three-fourths) later.

Do you have awesome reminders on your refrigerator to take your Typhoid Fever vaccination? First thing in the morning, with absolutely no food. Just one glass of water. Don’t mess it up.

My lunch date. I’ve been having crazy cravings for broccoli lately (as evidenced by the entire head of it I put on my salad today.) This book is the only one of Jen Lancaster’s that you can’t get in Nook format, and I’m too impatient to wait for the publisher to get their crap together and make it available that way.

New pretty suitcase! Mine sadly died a horrible death on the trip to Australia so replacement was in order before the next overseas excursion. Mr. Engineer swears by Briggs & Riley (not cheap but they guarantee/repair them for life even if it’s the airline’s fault that it was damaged) and we found an outlet with a 15% off discount. Sold.

Apartment living room view on this gorgeous Texas day. Have I mentioned I will dearly miss this lovely little 800 square feet that I call home? Because I will.

What’s the most you’d pay for this dress? (It’s from Anthropologie, not Target, sadly, so please align your expectations accordingly.) When I find something I really like I decide the most I’ll pay for it before I let myself look at the tag. This was over my threshold so it stayed at the store, but I just might be stalking the joint to see if it goes on sale.

I love these two pieces together (sale rack,baby!) I have no idea if they match or not or if this outfit is socially acceptable but I kind of don’t care. I’m the most un-trendy person ever (seriously, I usually just steal ideas from Megan because she’s super stylish) so it wouldn’t surprise me if to the rest of the world this looks like a bag of turds. (And it would explain why it was on sale…hmm…)

Alright, that’s enough for now. I’m trying to make a conscious effort to take more pictures of even the mundane; I want it to be a habit by the time I head to the land of the machete-wielding natives. (I kid! Sort of. Don’t worry, Dad!)

Oh, and uh, this is a running blog, right? Well I’ve just been spinning this week so far (recovery + getting over the Ninja Death Star Cold) but these gorgeous temps have me pretty excited to get back out there tomorrow.

Don’t forget to answer my burning question! What’s the most you’d pay for the white and yellow dress? (Or do you just think it sucks and I should get over it?)

13 Responses to “Life Lately in Photos”

1. 1 Michelle February 25, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Hm… That’s a super cute dress but I’m pretty frugal when it comes to clothes. $45 at most. And I would have to try it on on two different store visits to make sure I still liked it.

I really want to be a shoe girl but my husband tends to curb that spending. However I got some rockin’ black boots from dsw.com for less than $50! (I thought of this because I really like your heels in the dress picture.)

And when do we outsiders/blog readers get to find out about WHY the heck you’re going to PNG?

2. 2 jeri February 25, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Love the dress but can guarentee the price tag divided by number of times worn will still be too high. BUT if you cave and then decide you’re over it in a couple of years, I’d be ok if it found it’s way in to my closet.

Have I mentioned how much I love that you’re bloggging more now? because I do.๐Ÿ™‚

so much so that apparently blogging has thrice g’s. What what!?!?!

3. 3 katie February 25, 2011 at 4:59 pm

hmmm…anthro…i’d guess well over $100, but my “won’t pay more” number is, hmmmmm…$85? i’m not helping.

also, i want that cookie. WANT.

4. 4 Page Spicer February 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

A) Don’t you just hate it how those damn cookies walk themselves into our carts? I swear….
    B) Your big windows and view = hello awesomeness!
    C) Cute Anthro dress! But that place is so damn expensive. I’m a super frugal shopper, so I’d say $65 max. But it IS super cute!

5. 5 Heather C March 1, 2011 at 10:31 am

I think you blood sugar thanks you for not taking that cookie in all at once, haha, WHOA.๐Ÿ˜‰

That dress is worth anything, Imo…
    (that being said, the most I’ve paid for a non-formal dress is ~$150…and that has not happened more than once!)

6. 6 Lauren @ Sassy Molassy March 4, 2011 at 5:20 pm

That dress is adorable. I know Anthros dresses are way spendy, but I wouldn’t spend more than $100 on it. Hopefully, it goes on sale for you!!

7. 7 janae@hungryrunnergirl.com March 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

You are extremely gorgeous and I am obsessed with your outfits!!! Broccoli and cookie sandwiches….you are my kind of girl!!!

8. 8 Jennielo January 27, 2013 at 6:21 am

These are truly lovely. I too have found myelsf an accidental collector at times. You start off finding one thing, then before you know it another and another. Funny I just saw one of these lovely hearts a few days ago and thought it was so pretty. i did not buy it instead choosing a tin of buttons, which seem to be my new collection.

1. 1 blog.lexity.com Trackback on July 20, 2014 at 9:19 am