Pretend I Posted This Weeks Ago, mmmkay?

A couple weekends before the madness descended upon life, Mr. Engineer’s parents made the flight down to Houston to bid us farewell.

The next day, we went to THE SPACE CENTER! (Capitalization is my own, for reference.) I’ve always had a huge fascination with all things space-exploration related (maybe this is also why I’ve always had a crush on Tom Hanks…hmm…) and was super excited. I took pictures like a dorky tourist all day.

The ACTUAL flight director’s mission log from Apollo 13. THAT’S HIS ACTUAL WRITING! I was in child-like awe all day.

taking the tram to mission control.

mission control! men first landed on the moon with the help of people from this very room. how cool is that?

Gene Kranz sat here while Apollo 13 was trying to get home. RIGHT HERE! so cool.

Saturn 5 rocket! SO. BIG. (really good photography too, obviously.)

Mr. and his dad talkin' science.

And then one day it was like 78 degrees out so I laid out by the pool.

And forgot I had bandaids from a vaccination appointment on my shoulder. And got tan lines from them. (And I still have them.)

My camera tells me that somewhere in here I had cupcakes too, though I’d be lying if I said I could recall exactly when.

And I finally got my nasty hair done. (I low-light, if you’re wondering. My hair is naturally the brown equivalent of dishwater blonde.)

And marveled at how expensive Houston real estate is while I was waiting.

dang, yo.

Also spotted a pair of red cowboy boots. (PLEASE tell me you watch How I Met Your Mother. Please.)

mannequin legs. I figured these were better left at the store since I'm moving to the jungle and all so I never tried them on.

[Clearly I’m just grasping at straws here and trying to empty my camera.]

What cool things does your city offer that are “touristy” but still AWESOME?

10 Responses to “Pretend I Posted This Weeks Ago, mmmkay?”

1. 1 Page Spicer March 16, 2011 at 8:28 pm

GASP! You posted sprinkles cupcakes and didn’t send me any?!?! I am salivating and totally jealous!

• 2 Kaori November 12, 2013 at 10:39 am

Street“Let someone else do the bainkg.”Check out what is available for gift ideas, stocking stuffers and more.Homemade/Handcrafted: Peanut Brittle, Cookies sold by the pound, Noodles, Pies, Muffins, Fudge, Jewelry, Purses,crocheted and knitted items along with Scentsy, Rada, Pampered Chef, Lia Sophia and a variety of other items for the upcoming holidays. Sponsored by the District 14 Chapters of the Order of the Eastern Star. All blooth rental proceeds to go to Honor Flights of Northeast Indiana.

2. 3 Jeanie Bergan March 17, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I totally LOVE the pix from NASA. It’s been….seriously, about 33 years since I’ve been there. Definitely time to go again! (And your hair looks amazing!)

3. 4 Heather C March 17, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Those boots would have fit right in the jungle!! I don’t see the mismatch there..

There is a TON of touristy stuff in Denver, but more that relies on being outdoors than In. Also, coming from DC, we find it a little off-putting that the museums cost $$$ to get in. What? No free Smithsonians?! Crazy talk.

4. 5 amyreinink March 20, 2011 at 8:52 pm

1. I watch How I Met Your Mother. The boots look better on you than on Ted.
    2. My dad refers to both of our natural hair colors as “dishwater blond.” It’s been a while since I heard someone other than us call it that! (I highlight AND lowlight!).

• 6 Reyad January 27, 2013 at 4:56 am

“Any cunty comments will be deteled, mmmkay..” You had me laughing my butt off on this one, too funny.I love how the cover positions him as the forbidden fruit (adam’s apple anyone?) with the serpent tempting people to go ahead, disobey god and take a bite off him. Religious nuts are going to have a field-day with this!

5. 7 Jenna April 17, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I went to NASA a few summers ago. I those giant rockets are sooo crazy. It is impossible for someone to know how big they are until they have stood next to them. I loved that place.

6. 8 odorless May 15, 2014 at 4:40 am

Hi, of course this piece of writing is in fact pleasant and
    I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
    thanks.

7. 9 bakaug@gmail.com August 29, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I was thinking of starting a blog so I did some research into it on the internet and came across a lot of stuff that talks about legal issues and blogging. I’m not planning on blogging about controversial issues, (my blog would focus on posts about books, movies, culture, theater, music etc, and all material would be solely my own opinions) so what legal issues are involved with blogging? . Should I write a copyright disclaimer or are blog disclaimers actually worthless?.

8. 10 Ladies Cowboy Boots December 11, 2014 at 12:21 am

My crimson alligator skin cowboy boots belonged to my mom when she was my age.